|Mark's Mustang II Project Pages|
Finished tailcone riveted and completed. Note that the tailcone was drilled while attached to the forward fuselage but was riveted on the floor. This was done so it was easy for my brother to crawl inside and buck the rivets. Also, note that i did not pre-form the skins as the plan suggested...it would have helped a bit but not really needed.
My brother in the tailcone...he enjoyed the experience...but i did have to pay him many beers. It was hot in there with the light...but only took 2.5 hours to rivet the whole tailcone....we are fast...and no mistakes!
I used straps to hold the skins down on the belly skins and over the bulkheads. I used four straps...these were cheap from Home Depot. I put the skins on/off about 4 times....i forget why...but i remember it being a pain in the ass.
Took 5months to build the tailcone...
Table of Contents