CyclopsEMX Engine Monitor in
flight in northern Florida on the way to Sun-n-Fun. Photo courtesy
of Jack Doble.
RPM & Manifold Pressure
· Hobbs meter and Tach Time
· Manifold Pressure
Fuel Quantity, Used, Flow, and Pressure
· Fuel Quantity Measured via capacitance probe (2 supported)
· Fuel Flow, Average Fuel flow in cruise
· Fuel Pressure
· Fuel Used
· Fuel Left
· Fuel to destination, fuel at destination, fuel time left before empty,
nautical miles per gallon, ETA to destination using NMEA 0186 format and
Garmin aviation format GPS sentences.
· Oil Temperature, Max Oil Temperature, Average Oil Temperature in
· Oil Pressure, Max Oil Pressure
· Bus Voltage 1 (show one or both)
· Bus Voltage 2
· Carburetor Temperature
· Outside Air Temperature
· Plug and play temperature sensors. These sensors are the size of an
un-popped popcorn kernel. One wire temperature sensors plug onto the
Cyclops EMX One Wire Bus enabling you to put a temperature sensor
anywhere on the airplane. Temperatures (up to 4) are displayed on the
screen. Future plans are to support as many sensors as you want and logs
this data to a file. Currently 4 sensors are supported.
· EGT Temperature with Lean Seek (Thermocouple probe)
· CHT Temperature (Thermocouple probe) with Shock Heat/Cool warning
· Lean Finder
· Max Temperature Tracker for Each Cylinder and Alert indicator with
Weight and Balance Computation made easy!
· Enter your values for basic empty weight, oil, fuel (or have
CyclopsEMX compute this from your current fuel quantity automatically),
aux fuel tanks (if any), pilot weight, passenger, and baggage.
· All this data is saved for later flights.
· A graphical representation of weight and balance is show for
you...very easy. Now you can really do a W&B for each flight....in a
Flight Position Data Recorder and Cockpit Voice Recorder
· Flight Data Recorder. Over 5000 hours of flight engine data is
recorded to the compact flash disk. You can easily insert a keychain
flash disk ($30) and retrieve this data to take home to your pc and
upload via your USB port on your computer. Use Excel to show a graph of
your EGT temps to detect any problem.
· Position Data Recorder. Save your position, altitude, and speed at a
set interval and take your data to a computer to review your flight path
over satellite imagery. Supports the USAPhotoMap shareware program data
format by http://www.jdmcox.com. This software downloads images from the
TerraServer based on your saved waypoints. Review your flight path,
altitude, and speed!
· Flight Summary recorded for each flight. Easily view past flight
engine data. The flight summary is a unique features as it records
min/max for important functions and allows you to easily go back and
view this data. Eg. How much fuel did I use on that flight to Atlanta?
· Flight Summary Review while in the cockpit
· Cockpit Voice Recorder. Your voice is recorded in an endless 2min
loop if desired.
· Clock (Day of week/ Year/ Hour:Min:Sec)
· Count Up/Down Timer. Define your own useful timer and save them for
easy recall while in flight.
· Flight Timer in hh:mm:ss and 0.x format Starts automatically for each
· Fuel Timer
· ETA to waypoint based on current speed and distance.
· Voice Alerts for all major systems
· Digital Voice Recorder
· MP3 player....using a USB flash drive...listen to music while on your
· Checklists (user defined…and easily changed)
· Voice Checklists. Record and playback your checklist.
· Lists (define any type of list to display V-Speeds, VOR frequencies,
· 2 buffered analog inputs to the A/D converter (12bit)
· 8 On/Off Inputs
· One wire bus can accept many one wire devices for temperature,
(Very) Experimental Features
· Chat server...using a cell phone data link. Login to the chat server
and send your engine data every few seconds to the server stored into
your account. Record your takeoff time, engine parameters, position,
speed, altitude, chat with your buddies, etc while in flight. Retrieve
METARS also when data link is available for your selectable position.
The cell phone link works great from the ground…but very iffy in the
· METAR text access for your current position. METARs are selected based
on your current position (you define the range). Download the METARs you
want and view them in the cockpit. This is a nice feature when taxing
out to the end of the runway….also great to send text messages out.
Who am I?
FAQ & Tips
Finishing Parts List
Flying & Trips
SIGN Guest Book
VIEW Guest Book